I was nominated for two awards recently. I don’t normally do these anymore, but they’re still fun nonetheless. I decided to combine the two awards to one post, so this may be a bit long.
First, I was nominated for the Liebster Award. The lovely Aurora from Writer’s Treasure Chest nominated me. Thanks, Aurora!
The rules are:
–Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you –Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you –Nominate 11 other bloggers you think deserve the award –Let the bloggers know you nominated them
–Give them 11 questions to answer
1. If you could have dinner with one fictional character who would it be?
Any of the Harry Potter characters, hands down. It’s hard to pick just one, though. Out of the main trio, my favorite is Ron.
2. If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, which would it be?
Again, Harry Potter.
3. Which was the book that has impressed you the most as a kid?
Hank the Cowdog series. It was a funny mystery about a dog who solved crimes. That series brings back some memories.
4. If you could pick a random spot anywhere on Earth, where would you like to travel right now?
New Zealand. I would love to visit The Shire from Lord of the Rings!
5. What is your favorite book quote?
My answer is going to be pretty cheap, but I have no idea. There are so many books I read and I love so many different quotes. It’s hard to think back and just choose one. I do enjoy a quote from Dr. Seuss, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
6. Which author inspires you?
J.K. Rowling and Erin Hunter (even though she’s technically more than one person).
7. Which celebrity (dead or alive) would you want to be trapped in an elevator with for 24 hours?
8. Is there any place in the world you would rather live than you do now?
Nope. I’ve never really been anywhere, so as far as I’m concerned this is a good place.
9. Who is your favorite band/artist?
It changes all the time, but right now I’m really loving Lindsey Stirling, Taylor Davis, and Peter Hollens.
10. What is your favorite movie?
Disney’s Peter Pan. There are plenty of other movies I love, but that popped into my head first. It could be because I’ve been reading a lot of retellings lately, though! Also, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings… Yes.
11. Tell me one random fact about yourself?
My favorite animals are giraffes and turtles.
Thanks again, Aurora!
My Questions (some borrowed from Aurora):
1. Why did you start blogging? 2. What do you enjoy most about blogging? 3. What other hobbies do you enjoy? 4. Which author do you look up to the most? 5. What is your favorite movie? 6. Physical book, ebook, or audiobook? 7. What would you bring with you on a deserted island? Cell phone, laptop, book, or notebook? 8. What’s your favorite type of music to listen to? 9. Who is your all-time favorite fictional character? 10. Where do you see your blog five years from now?
11. Tell us a random fact about yourself.
Onto the next award…
I was nominated by the great Tina of All These Prompts. Thanks Tina!
The rules are:
–Create a post to accept your award.
–Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit Fangirling for the award button. –Answer the questions below. –Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
–Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
1. Which languages do you read in?
Just English. I don’t know any other languages.
2. Name the very first book you remember reading on your own (as opposed to your parents reading to you).
I want to say it was a Dr. Suess book? I honestly can’t remember. I loved Go, Dogs, Go! as a kid.
3. How do you choose which book to read next?
Whichever novel jumps out at me when I look at my shelf. Sometimes I’ll get in the mood for a particular genre, but my choice is usually random.
4. How do you feel about ebooks and audiobooks?
I prefer physical copies, but I do read ebooks and enjoy them. I use to listen to audiobooks when I was a kid, but I haven’t listened to one in a long time. So I can’t really say. I like the idea of it, though.
5. Name one book that disappointed you and one that was a pleasant surprise.
Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck was a huge disappointment to me. I was looking forward to reading that book for a while and then I couldn’t even finish it. A book that was a pleasant surprise was Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home. I had to read it for school and it didn’t sound appealing to me at all, but I really enjoyed it.
1. What is your favorite book or series? 2. Who is your favorite author? 3. What’s your favorite genre? 4. How often do you read?
5. Name a book you love and a book you didn’t like as much.
Thanks again, Tina!
I nominate everyone who reads this post! If you feel up to it, feel free to do one or both of these award tags.
Blog Archives Select Month May 2021 April 2021 March 2021 February 2021 January 2021 December 2020 November 2020 October 2020 September 2020 August 2020 July 2020 June 2020 May 2020 April 2020 March 2020 January 2020 December 2019 November 2019 October 2019 September 2019 August 2019 July 2019 June 2019 May 2019 April 2019 March 2019 February 2019 January 2019 December 2018 November 2018 October 2018 September 2018 August 2018 July 2018 June 2018 May 2018 April 2018 March 2018 February 2018 January 2018 December 2017 November 2017 October 2017 September 2017 August 2017 July 2017 June 2017 May 2017 April 2017 March 2017 February 2017 January 2017 December 2016 November 2016 October 2016 September 2016 August 2016 July 2016 June 2016 May 2016 April 2016 March 2016 February 2016 January 2016 December 2015 November 2015 October 2015 September 2015 August 2015 July 2015 June 2015 May 2015 April 2015 March 2015 February 2015 January 2015 December 2014 November 2014 October 2014 September 2014 August 2014 July 2014 June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 June 2012 May 2012