Journaling is something that helps me whenever I have a rough day.
It allows me to get out my feelings and frustrations onto the paper. I can rant and ramble to my heart’s content and if I can’t find the words, I can draw or scribble.
Normally, I write about my day or talk it out with myself about why I feel the way I do, but there is plenty of journal prompts to help you get over a rough patch.
For example, there are prompts that help you focus on something else or shift your thinking around.
I’ve compiled a list of prompts that may help.
- Describe your day/talk about what’s bothering you.
- Explain why you feel a certain way.
- If a day like today happens again, what can you do about it? If it’s something you can’t control, how can you deal with it?
- What are three good things that happened today?
- Create a list of the things you love and/or the things that make you happy.
- Create a list of positive affirmations for yourself.
- List a few self-care activities you’d like to try. Set a date to try one of them.
- What are you most proud of yourself for?
- Write about a happy memory from your childhood.
- Write about a funny story that happened to you.
- List a few things you’re grateful for.
- Write a letter to someone or something (or whatever made you upset) to get those feelings out.
- Pick a word you want to focus on going forward that will help you. (Love, patience, kindness, etc.)
- What’s something you’re looking forward to?
- Make a list of your favorite things.
- Is there anything you’d like to change about your routine?
- What’s something in your life you want to let go of?
- What is your greatest strength?
- Talk about your favorite song and what the lyrics mean to you.
- Start a mood tracker for the week/month.
- What has been your greatest achievement?
- What goal are you currently aiming for?
- Create a brain dump.
- List some interesting facts about yourself.
- List some people you love and feel comfortable reaching out to.
- If you could do anything right now, what would it be?
- Make a list of activities you can do on a rough day.
- What’s the best thing that’s ever happened to you?
- What’s something you want to work on?
- What’s your favorite hobby and what’s a new hobby you’d like to try?
What are some other journal prompts that help you? Let me know in the comments.