I was nominated for two blog awards last week (it might have been a couple weeks ago)! I usually have my posts scheduled in advance, so I am the absolute worst at keeping up with the awards. I do enjoy doing them, though.
I’m going to combine both awards into this one post, so it may run a bit long. So, without further ado…
The first award is called MakeItUltra. I was nominated by Christina over at The Bookshelf Corner. I just started following her blog because of this award. If you’re not following her already, please do so or at least check it out. Her blog is all about reading and writing. Thanks again Christina!
ABOUT THE AWARD
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post).. Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
3. Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions.
What is your name?
Where are you from?
The United States.
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging in May 2012 (over four years ago) because I wanted to get more of my writing out there. My blog has grown a lot since then.
What are you most proud of?
Growing this blog and being able to complete a few manuscripts as well as reading one book a week for the past (almost) two years now.
What are your blogging goals?
My blogging goals are to get my writing recognized and build an audience as well as meet other bloggers and writers.
How do you spend your free time?
I read, write, blog, play video games, and watch YouTubers play video games. I guess I socialize with friends from time to time as well.
4. Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
5. Provide 5 random facts about yourself (optional).
- My favorite animals are giraffes and turtles
- I have generalized anxiety disorder
- I love putting together puzzles, framing them, and hanging them on my wall
- My favorite colors are blue and silver
- I prefer salty over sweet
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here).
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.
I never tell people I nominate them… Sometimes I just tell people to nominate themselves. But Herminia, I know you’re going to read this anyway.
Next up is the One Lovely Blog Award. I was nominated by Aurora over at Writer’s Treasure Chest. Aurora is a wonderful blogger, writer, and person in general. Her blog is a lot of fun varying with her own writing pieces and reblogs of other great bloggers among author spotlights, guests, and much more. Go check it out and give her a follow if you’re not already!
Here are the rules for accepting the award:
1. Thank the lovely person who nominated your blog and follow them. 2. Display the award and add this set of rules to your post so that your nominees will know what to do 3. Nominate 15 other great blogs listing them in your post and notifying them via a link in one of their blog posts.
4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself to the post.