DATES FOR 2018 ARE CURRENTLY OPEN.
Calling all guest bloggers! I would love to have you on my blog.
1. Your guest post should be original, written by you, and exclusive for my blog. I cannot allow re-posts of articles you’ve already published on your own blog or elsewhere. It messes up the SEO and your articles should cater to my blog and my readers.
2. Before contacting me, please take a thorough look around my blog and see what kinds of posts and topics I write about. At the end of this post are links to past guest posts I’ve accepted and published on my blog. Please take a look at a few for examples.
3. A guest post is not an advertisement for yourself, blog, or anything you’re selling. The post will give you great exposure, but the article itself should be informative and entertaining to my readers.
4. Guest slots are first-come, first-serve and space is limited each month. That means your post may not be published for a few weeks or for a few months.
5. Each article length is recommended to be between 300 and 1,000 words. Be sure to give your article an appropriate title.
6. I will assign a date for your post after you’ve sent me a draft of your idea upon my acceptance.
7. When sending articles, please make sure they are polished and proof-read. I will give each article a quick read through before posting it, but if it needs a good edit I’ll send it back to you. If I find one or two typos here and there, I’ll take it upon myself to fix them for you.
8. I will send out reminder emails a week or two before I need your article. However, I don’t chase people. If I don’t hear from you again or receive your article on time, I’ll assume you’ve changed your mind.
Topics include, but are not limited to…
- Writing/Creative Writing
- Freelance Writing
- Genre Writing
- Writing Process
- Marketing/Social Media
- Reading/Book Reviewing
If you have another idea for a topic, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask.
When Pitching To Me, Please Include…
- Topic (see above list)
- Title and a quick blurb about what your article will be covering.
- Why you chose my blog and why you think your article will be a good fit for my blog and its audience.
If Accepted, I Will Ask For…
- Your full article attached as a Word Doc.
- Exact word count of the article
- Links to your blog/website and all social media
- A brief bio about yourself and a JPEG image of yourself
- Optional: An image or two to go along with your article. (With appropriate credit due if the image was not created by you!) I will create a header image for the article.
After The Guest Post Goes Live
1. I will send you an email letting you know the post is live with a direct link to it.
3. I expect you to share your guest post around and encourage you to post it all over your own social media. This will be the best way for you to gain more exposure.
4. I expect you to check back periodically to read and answer any comments the post may get. Chances are, the comments will be directed towards you and communication is what the people really want.
How To Contact Me
1. Read these guidelines from top to bottom and fully explore the blog. Any questions, ask away in the comments below. Then fill out the contact form. Remember that you’re just pitching your article, not sending the actual piece.
2. Unless I have a very good reason not to, I promise to respond to every pitch whether I accept it or not.
3. If two (2) weeks pass by and you still have not heard from me, feel free to pitch again in a new e-mail. You may also mention it’s the second time you’re sending it so I may give you priority before the others. I do get a lot of emails and some messages get lost in the crowd. Meanwhile, if you pitch the same article multiple times during the week, I may not bother to respond to you at all (which would be my “very good reason” stated above).
I’m Available For Guest Blogging, Too!
Are you looking for guest bloggers for your own website? I’d be more than happy to contribute!
Not only do I write about writing, reading, and blogging, but I also talk about subjects such as video games, early childhood education, special education, Christian education, and more.
Check out some guest posts I’ve already done:
Closet Readers – Why I Became A Blogger And Why You Should Become One Too
Ari Meghlen – Why Do You Write?
Thevacilando – Just Write
Hanna’s Voice – Top Ten Reasons Why All Writers Should Blog
Pages Unbound – 5 Favorite Quotes From Tolkien’s The Hobbit
Don’t hesitate to reach out! Just Contact Me through my contact page! I’d love to hear from you.
If you have a question or need something to be cleared up, feel free to ask in the comments below. Chances are some people might have the same question as you.
Please note that at any time this page can be updated and guidelines can be changed at my discretion. Thank you.
These guidelines were last updated on July 10, 2018.
February 14 — Reed R. Buck
February 23 — Ruby
March 14 — Yecheilyah
March 23 — Thompson Crowley
April 6 — Robert Sanasi
April 11 — Chris Long
April 20 — Heena Rathore P.
April 24 — Jasmine Farrell
May 16 — Jennie Fitzkee
May 25 — Robert Kirkendall
June 8 — Aayush
July 17 — Annette Rochelle Aben
August 7 — James Porter
October 9 — J.D. Oldenburg
November 9 — Emily Stroia
December 7 — Hanna
January 12 — Rollan Wengert
January 18 — Nthato
January 21 — Herminia Chow
February 16 — Rosie Amber
February 22 — Nthato
February 25 — Charli Mills
March 15 — All of the Prompts
March 21 — Nthato
March 24 — Nimue Brown
April 12 — Kris Poli
April 18 — Nthato
April 21 — Gwen
May 17 — Phyllis Ring
May 26 — Kristen Poli
June 14 — Aidan Reid
June 23 — Nicolette Stephens
July 12 — Hugo Esteban Rodriguez
July 21 — Al Lane
August 16 — Charles Yallowitz
August 25 — Herminia Chow
September 13 — Topaz Winters
September 22 — Nthato
October 11 — Sacha Black
October 20 — Skye Hegyes
November 15 — Phyllis Edgerly Ring
December 13 — Iridecence (part one)
December 22 — Iridecence (part two)