Calling all guest bloggers! I would love to have you on my blog.
1. Your guest post should be original, written by you, and exclusive for my blog. I cannot allow re-posts of articles you’ve already published on your own blog or elsewhere. It messes up the SEO and your articles should cater to my blog and my readers.
2. Before contacting me, please take a thorough look around my blog and see what kinds of posts and topics I write about. At the end of this post are links to past guest posts I’ve accepted and published on my blog. Please take a look at a few for examples.
3. A guest post is not an advertisement for yourself, blog, or anything you’re selling. The post will give you great exposure, but the article itself should be informative and entertaining to my readers.
4. Guest slots are first-come, first-serve and space is limited each month. That means your post may not be published for a few weeks or for a few months.
5. Each article length is recommended to be between 300 and 1,000 words, though I allow wiggle room if it goes over the 1,000-word mark. Be sure to give your article an appropriate title.
6. I will assign a date for your post after you’ve sent me a draft of your idea upon my acceptance.
7. When sending articles, please make sure they are polished and proof-read. I will give each article a quick read through before posting it, but if it needs a good edit I’ll send it back to you. If I find one or two typos here and there, I’ll take it upon myself to fix them for you.
8. I will send out reminder emails a week or two before I need your article. However, I don’t chase people. If I don’t hear from you again or receive your article on time, I’ll assume you’ve changed your mind.
Topics include, but are not limited to…
- Writing/Creative Writing
- Freelance Writing/Entrepreneurship
- Genre Writing
- Writing Process
- Marketing/Social Media
- Reading/Book Reviewing
If you have another idea for a topic that’s not listed here but you think will be a great fit for my readers, don’t hesitate to reach out and ask. But please keep in mind this blog caters to readers and writers. I will not accept topics such as yoga, clean eating, gardening, etc.
Themed Guest Posts
Starting in 2019, I’ll be hosting Inspiration Station once again. These posts will have a common theme throughout the year with a different perspective from 12 different writers – one guest post on this theme for each month. Each month will still host other guest posts on the general topic of creative writing or reading, so you’re free to choose your topic or go along with my theme. However, I’ve limited these spots to 12 each, two per month, and guests will be first-come, first-serve. You can check what’s still available at the bottom of this post.
2019’s theme is: Writing Fears and How to Overcome Them
You can learn more about these themed guest posts here.
When Pitching To Me, Please Include…
- Topic (see above list)
- Title and a quick blurb about what your article will be covering.
- Why you chose my blog and why you think your article will be a good fit for my blog and its audience.
If Accepted, I Will Ask For…
- Your full article attached as a Word Doc.
- Exact word count of the article
- Links to your blog/website and all social media
- A brief bio about yourself and a JPEG image of yourself
- Optional: An image or two to go along with your article. (With appropriate credit due if the image was not created by you!) I will create a header image for the article.
After The Guest Post Goes Live
1. I will send you an email letting you know the post is live with a direct link to it.
3. I expect you to share your guest post around and encourage you to post it all over your own social media. This will be the best way for you to gain more exposure.
4. I expect you to check back periodically to read and answer any comments the post may get. Chances are, the comments will be directed towards you and communication is what the people really want.
How To Contact Me
1. Read these guidelines from top to bottom and fully explore the blog. Any questions, ask away in the comments below. Then fill out the contact form. Remember that you’re just pitching your article, not sending the actual piece.
2. Unless I have a very good reason not to, I promise to respond to every pitch whether I accept it or not.
3. If two (2) weeks pass by and you still have not heard from me, feel free to pitch again in a new e-mail. You may also mention it’s the second time you’re sending it so I may give you priority before the others. I do get a lot of emails and some messages get lost in the crowd. Meanwhile, if you pitch the same article multiple times during the week, I may not bother to respond to you at all (which would be my “very good reason” stated above).
I’m Available For Guest Blogging, Too!
Are you looking for guest bloggers for your own website? I’d be more than happy to contribute!
Not only do I write about writing, reading, and blogging, but I also talk about subjects such as video games, early childhood education, special education, Christian education, and more.
Check out some guest posts I’ve already done:
Closet Readers – Why I Became A Blogger And Why You Should Become One Too
Ari Meghlen – Why Do You Write?
Thevacilando – Just Write
Hanna’s Voice – Top Ten Reasons Why All Writers Should Blog
Pages Unbound – 5 Favorite Quotes From Tolkien’s The Hobbit
Don’t hesitate to reach out! Just Contact Me through my contact page! I’d love to hear from you.
If you have a question or need something to be cleared up, feel free to ask in the comments below. Chances are some people might have the same question as you.
Please note that at any time this page can be updated and guidelines can be changed at my discretion. Thank you.
These guidelines were last updated on February 18, 2019.
There are 19 dates left open for 2019. 12 of these dates are for the theme “Writing Fears” and 12 of these dates are for any general creative writing or reading topic of your choosing. All dates are first-come, first-serve.
Fear Post – Yvonne (March)