This blog is mostly about writing, but reading is an important component to writing. I post book reviews every Saturday all year round. During July and August, I post book reviews on Saturdays and Tuesdays.
The books I read are given to me as gifts, I buy myself, or are borrowed from my local library or friend. I do accept review copies from authors, publishers, and publicists.
I only accept book requests from September 1 to March 31.
I am currently OPEN to pitches and recommendations for book reviews.
You Should Know…
1. There are no “bad books,” but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All reviews will be honest, but fair. I review all books I accept, so if I don’t particularly care for a book I will give it a one- or two-star rating (see rating system below) and fairly explain why.
2. I have the right to decline review offers, but I will respond to every request I receive. If you do not hear from me within two (2) weeks, feel free to contact me again and let me know that it’s the second time you’re reaching out to me.
3. I’m open to reading most genres, but the genres I’m most interested in are as follows:
- Any young adult fiction
- Any middle grade fiction
- Please note: I will not accept any erotica or explicit genres. It’s just not my cup of coffee.
5. In addition to my blog, I will post the reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Reviews from my blog will also be posted on my Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram.
6. The books may take up to a couple of months before I post the review on my blog and elsewhere depending on how many books I have in my queue ahead of you. With that, if the book is an ARC or has a deadline, please let me know so we can try to work something out.
7. If requesting a review from me, all I ask for is a free copy of the manuscript. I do not sell, loan, or giveaway any review copies I receive, nor do I accept payment for review copies.
If You’re an Author, Publisher, or Publicist…
1. I accept PDF files of the book. At this time, I am unable to accept print copies or Kindle versions.
2. I accept self-published books, indie books, and books from small and large publishing companies.
3. I mention in my reviews how I receive all my books. I will note I “received a free digital copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.”
4. At the end of each review, I will add a quick blurb about the author. (Please note: I will only do this if social media links and a brief bio is given to me when contacting me about a review.)
5. Please take a look at previous book reviews I’ve done to get a feel for how I do things.
6. Please use the contact form below to pitch a book. Otherwise, the request will be overlooked. Please remember that you’re pitching me your book. This does not mean I will definitely accept the book to be read and reviewed.
When contacting me, please include…
- Title and author
- A brief summary
- Why you chose me to read and review your work
If accepted for review, I will ask for…
- An image of the book cover
- A PDF file of the manuscript
- Links to the book on Goodreads and Amazon
- Optional: Links to the author’s website and social media
- Optional: A brief bio of the author and a JPEG image of the author
1. If you’re not an author or publisher and would just like to recommend a book you think I might like, feel free to contact me or leave a comment below.
2. When recommending a book, please include the title and author’s name so I may easily find it. It would also be helpful if you left a link to Amazon or Goodreads, but a title and author are all I need.
3. I will review books that are recommended to me, but please note that recommendations may take a while to read and review for various reasons: when and where I receive a copy of the book or how many books I already have lined up (from authors or otherwise).
I will rate every book I review using the five-star rating system:
I absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend the book.
I liked it. I would recommend the book.
It was okay. I may recommend the book.
I didn’t like it, but I could tolerate it. I would not recommend the book.
I didn’t like it at all. I would not recommend the book.
After you’ve read the above information, use the contact form below if you’re an author, publisher, or publicist and would like me to review your book.
This review policy has been in effect since January 1, 2016. It may be updated and changed at my discretion. Thank you.
Last updated: August 31, 2017