I only accept book requests from SEPTEMBER 1 to MARCH 31.
I am currently OPEN to pitches and recommendations for book reviews.
1. I post book reviews every Saturday all year round. During July and August, I post book reviews on Saturdays and Tuesdays.
2. The books I read are given to me as gifts, I buy myself, or are borrowed from my local library or friend. I do accept review copies from authors, publishers, and publicists.
3. There are no “bad books,” but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All reviews will be honest, but fair. I review all books I accept, so if I don’t particularly care for a book I will fairly explain why.
4. I have the right to decline review offers, but I will respond to every request I receive. If you do not hear from me within two (2) weeks, feel free to contact me again and let me know it’s the second time you’re reaching out. I get a lot of emails and some messages get lost in the crowd.
7. Reviews may take up to a couple of months to be posted depending on how many books I have in my queue. With that, if the book is an ARC or has a deadline, please let me know right away and I’ll try to work something out.
8. If requesting a review from me, all I ask for is a free copy of the manuscript. I do not sell, loan, or giveaway any review copies I receive, nor do I accept payment for review copies.
Genres I’m Interested In
I’m open to reading most genres, but the genres I’m most interested in are as follows:
- Young adult fiction
- Middle grade fiction
- Short story/flash fiction anthologies
- Please note: I will not accept any erotica or explicit genres. I will also not read anything with a lot of violence or torture. It’s just not my cup of coffee.
If you’re unsure of a genre, you can look at book reviews I’ve already done and see if you’re genre is listed. But don’t hesitate to reach out and simply ask.
If You’re an Author, Publisher, or Publicist…
1. I accept and prefer .MOBI files. However, I will accept PDF files as well.
2. I accept self-published books, indie books, and books from small and large publishing companies.
3. I mention in my reviews how I receive all my books. I will note I “received a free digital copy of the book in exchange for an honest review” if the book is a review copy.
4. At the end of each review, I will add a quick blurb about the author. (Please note: I will only do this if social media links and a brief bio is given to me when contacting me about a review.)
5. In each review, I will discuss the cover design, my first thoughts before reading (why I bought it/agreed to read it), the plot, characters, writing style, and then a conclusion. I’ll also add my rating system (see below) as well as my favorite quote from the book. Please take a look at previous book reviews I’ve done to get a feel for how I do things.
6. Please use the contact form below to pitch a book. Otherwise, the request will be overlooked. Please remember you’re pitching me your book. This does not mean I will definitely accept the book to be read and reviewed.
When contacting me, please include…
- Title and author
- Publication date
- A summary
- Why you chose me to read and review your work
If accepted for review, I will ask for…
- An image of the book cover
- A free .MOBI or PDF file of the manuscript
- All buy links for the book, including Goodreads
- Optional: Links to the author’s website and social media
- Optional: A brief bio of the author and a .JPEG image of the author
- Please note if I do not receive the optional author bio and links, there will be no “About the Author” at the end of the review
After The Review Goes Live
1. I will send you an email letting you know the review is live with a direct link to it.
3. I ask that you too share the book review around and encourage you to post it on your own social media accounts. This will be the best way for you to gain more exposure.
4. Please check back periodically to read and answer any comments the review may get.
I will rate every book I review using the five-star rating system:
I absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend the book.
I liked it. I would recommend the book.
It was okay. I may recommend the book.
I didn’t like it, but I could tolerate it. I would not recommend the book.
I didn’t like it at all. I would not recommend the book.
After you’ve read the above information and have explored book reviews I’ve done in the past, please use the contact form below if you’re an author, publisher, or publicist and would like me to review your book. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Last updated: July 10, 2018