I am currently CLOSED to book review pitches.
- The Basics
- Genres I’m Most Interested In
- If You’re An Author, Publisher, Or Publicist…
- If Accepted For Review…
- After The Review Goes Live
- Rating System
- When Contacting Me…
- I only accept book review pitches between September 1 and March 1.
- I post book reviews every Saturday all year round. During July and August, I post book reviews on Tuesdays as well.
- The books I read are given to me as gifts, I buy myself, or are borrowed from my local library or friend. I accept review copies from authors, publishers, and publicists. I state how I receive each book in its respective review.
- All opinions and thoughts are my own no matter how I received a copy of the book. I review all the books I read. All reviews will be honest but fair.
- I have the right to decline review offers but I do my best to respond to every request I receive. If you do not hear back from me within two (2) weeks, feel free to email me again. I get a lot of emails and some of them get lost in the crowd.
- I suggest looking at my Goodreads page or Reading List to see what kinds of books interest me. To get a feel for how I write reviews, check out some book reviews I’ve already done on the blog.
- In addition to my blog, I will post the reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Reviews from my blog will also be posted on my Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Reviews may take up to a couple of months to be posted depending on how many books I have in my queue. I review books first come first serve and will try to give a tentative timeframe if I can. With that said, if the book is an ARC or part of a blog tour, please let me know right away and I’ll do my best to work something out.
Genres I’m Most Interested In
- Young adult fiction
- Middle-grade fiction
- Short story/flash fiction anthologies
- Please note: I will not accept any erotica or explicit genres. I will also not read anything with a lot of violence or horror. I have an anxiety disorder and am bothered by a lot of violence, torture, gore, or anything along those lines. Please keep this in mind when requesting a review from me.
If you’re unsure of a genre, you can look at book reviews I’ve already done and check if your genre is listed. Don’t hesitate to reach out and simply ask.
If You’re An Author, Publisher, Or Publicist…
- I accept and prefer .MOBI files. However, I will accept PDF files as well. At this time, I cannot accept paperback copies.
- I accept self-published books, indie books, and books from small and large publishing companies.
- At the end of each review, I’ll add a quick blurb about the author. (Please Note: I will only do this if social media links and a brief bio are given to me when contacting me about a review.)
- In each review, I will discuss the cover design, my first thoughts before reading, the plot, characters, and writing style. I’ll also add a rating as well as my favorite quote from the book. Please take a look at previous book reviews I’ve done to get a feel for how I do things.
If Accepted For Review…
If I accept your book for review, I will respond asking for a few things.
- An image of the book cover in an attached .JPEG file
- A free .MOBI (preferred) or PDF file of the manuscript
- All buy links for the book, including Goodreads
- Optional: Links to the author’s website/social media. Please include no more than five (5) links. If you send more than five then I will only include the first five links listed.
- Optional: A brief bio of the author that’s no more than 200 words and an attached .JPEG image of the author. If the bio is more than 200 words, I will send it back to you to shorten.
- Please note if I do not receive the optional author bio and links, there will be no “About the Author” at the end of the review. However, if you only want the bio and no image or image with links or other combinations of the About The Author section, that’s fine too.
After The Review Goes Live
What I’ll Do
- All reviews go live at midnight EST. When the post is scheduled, I’ll send you an email with the date as well as a permalink. After the post goes live at midnight, I’ll send you another email with the link in the morning the post goes live.
- In addition to my blog, the reviews will be cross-posted on Goodreads and Amazon as well as shared on my Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
What You’ll Do
- Share the book review around your social media accounts as well as your website and/or blog.
- Check back periodically on my blog and answer any comments the review may get.
When Contacting Me…
When contacting me, please include the following so I know you have read these guidelines and also so I can get a good idea of what your book is like.
- Full names of title and author
- Publication Date
- Word count
- Why you chose me to read and review your work
- Optional: Feel free to add a Goodreads and/or Amazon link to your book so I can look further into it.
Did you read this post thoroughly? If so and you think I’d be a good fit to read and review your book, please click the button below to get in touch.
Thank you for reading through these guidelines and thinking of me to read and review your work. Any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the comments below.
June 23, 2019