I think the hardest part of writing for me is finding a schedule and sticking to it. And the thing is, it’s not me who has a hard time sticking to the routine, it’s other life things that get in the way.
Now that I’m home during the day while everyone else is at work, this would normally mean I have the entire morning and afternoon to myself to get my writing and blogging done.
Instead, it means, “Rachel’s home, so if something needs to be done, she can do it.” This varies from babysitting to driving my cousins to and from school, running random errands, etc.
I don’t mind any of this, of course. I’m able to do it so I won’t complain (even though it still sounds like I’m complaining). Still, I feel like I don’t get as much stuff done during the day than I normally would… or that I thought I would.
I actually have more stuff to do during the week now that doesn’t involve writing or blogging. So, I’ve decided to come up with a brand new schedule for myself. This is going to only be for the month of February and I’ll modify it if needed when March comes along.
- Blog, Double Jump – Write posts, create graphics, set up Buffer, etc.
- Church, Sunday school lesson plans
- Admin – Answer emails, read and comment on other blogs
- Write – A minimum of two hours. Ideally, it’ll be longer, but if I can fit two hours in I’ll be happy.
- Etsy – I was hoping to have a good amount of products done to open the shop in January, but it stuff happened. So I’d like to spend a couple hours on it every Thursday.
- Freelance – Like Etsy, this is a work in progress. I’m currently trying to set up my own freelance services. I’m planning on having that good to go by the end of the month so there will be more on that later.
- Clean – Because the house needs attention, too…
- Blog, Rachel Poli – Write posts, create graphics, set up Buffer, plan and write newsletters, etc. I’ve gotten behind, so for this month, I’m going to try to get two weeks done at a time so I can get a good head start for March and upcoming months.
- Barnes & Noble – Go to the bookstore every morning and either write/edit or work on the blog.
There’s a lot more to it. I have a calendar set up with everything on it but didn’t include it all here. You guys don’t need to know every detail of my life.
Long story short, I’ll be writing Monday through Friday as well as answering emails and such for the blogs. Weekends will be reserved for blogging mostly. And then some. We’ll see how it goes!