I made it up to about 53,000 words for Camp NaNo. The only problem was that I wrote multiple things. So when I validated my novel this morning, I used Take Over because that was about 70,000 words. It was easier doing that than putting everything I wrote in one document to validate it. But because of that, NaNo thinks I wrote about 70,000 words this month. That is not the case, but oh well. I’ll go along with it.
I was hoping to write a lot more before the month ended, but school has me swamped. I finished one project last night and I plan on finishing the other projects (or close to it) tonight. I’ll stay up all night if I have to to. Because tomorrow is May 1st, which means that I’m going to start a new month of writing.
By the end of May, I plan on having The Blank Page completed. It would be nice to have it done in the next two weeks so I could print it out at school and use up their ink and paper. But I’m not going to rush myself to get it done by then just so I can save a couple of bucks. It depends on how quickly I can get my homework done. Stupid homework…
Anyway, I have a lot to do on here, as well. I have to post the summaries and excerpts of Take Over, Saving Each Other, and Seeing Things. Of course, Saving Each Other and Seeing Things are the same thing, so you might have to wait until I finish all five parts…but I think I already posted the summary for Saving Each Other. I seriously have to get myself organized. I’ll also post the summary and excerpt of The Blank Page as soon as possible, as well.
So no writing for me today, but tomorrow I will try to write as much as possible…depending on how much homework I am able to get done tonight. We shall see.
Congrats to all of those who finished and won Camp NaNoWriMo! 🙂
2013: 131,977/350,000 Words Written
2013: 1,749/18,250 Pages Read
Let’s begin with last night: I wrote some more of Take Over, but only 2,063 more words of it. I planned on writing as much of Take Over as I possible could up until midnight. Then when midnight came I was going to start writing Saving Each Other for Camp NaNo. That didn’t happen. I got tired of writing Take Over and my fingers felt as though they were going to fall off. I was in bed at 10:30. Yeah.
But that’s okay because I woke up this morning and got started on Saving Each Other right away. I am happy to announce that I have written 6,350 words for Saving Each Other so far. I was going to continue on, but I wanted to post on here first because I have to go to work soon.
That picture is a sticky note. I tend to glance down at the bottom left-hand corner to see how many pages and words I have. I put the sticky on the screen blocking it so I wouldn’t look at the words. Then I set my timer to an hour so I only got to check how many words I got written every hour. It helped because I tried to get more and more words each hour trying to break the previous record.
According to my Camp NaNo stats, at the rate I’m going I should finish on April 8. I have no idea if that will actually happen or not, but I do have a lot of time this week. I got lucky this year: I only have work today because my class was cancelled. Tomorrow my class is usually 10:30-2, but my professor has a funeral so class tomorrow is going to be 12-2. That gives me an extra hour and a half to write. Then I have work in the afternoon. Wednesday I can write before class (which is 9-10:15) and after class, before work. I have work at 2. Thursday I can write before class (which is 10:30-11:45) and then before I babysit, which is 3-6. Friday I have work 11-6, but I don’t have school that morning so I can use that time to write. I have all day Saturday and all day (after church) on Sunday. I think I can get a whole lot done.
I hope I get a lot done because I plan on writing the entire Saving Each Other part…not just 50,000 words of it. On top of that I want to finish Take Over. I’m going to finish Saving Each Other first and then finish Take Over. I am also going to include whatever words I write for Take Over into my word count for the month. But I’ll write 50,000 words on Saving Each Other first so I’m technically not cheating.
I hope everyone is off to a great start just like I am! We have 29 more days to go!
2013: 88,129/365,000 Words Written
2013: 1,749/18,250 Pages Read
My class is 10:30-2 today. I have work at 2:30-5/6. And then I’m babysitting 6:30-8:30. I have a very busy day today so I thought that I would get up early and go to school early so that I could get some writing done. Because I am obviously not going to get anything done tonight…that would be silly.
So I have been writing more of Take Over and it is still going pretty well. I wrote for about an hour and half this morning and then I kept making typos and began to go cross-eyed, so I I had to stop. I am now up to 15,765 words and 26 pages. Those numbers are only going to keep getting higher from now on. Although, they always went higher, but whatever.
I got to the good part of my novel. Again, I have to post the summary soon, but as I said in the last post, a group of high school seniors plan to take over the school with the help of a random junior who is in their group. Right? Yes.
Let’s talk about characters: none of them turned out the way I have planned on them being like…
1. Roxana “Roxie” Smith. She is the main character and has a lovely head on her shoulders. She pretty, smart, and plays by the rules. She’s popular in school only because she’s Brad’s girlfriend. Roxie’s parents are…interesting to say the least. Her mother is a stay-at-mom because even though Roxie is old enough to take care of herself, her mom feels as though she would be abandoning her only child. Roxie’s father…he’s insane. And he writes for a living. Enough said. Roxie is dead set against the Take Over.
2. Heath “Brad” Bradley Johnson. Everyone calls him Brad because of his middle name because he hates his first name. Brad is a popular guy and is known by everyone. He is friends with everyone, not because he wants to really be friends, but people people adore him. The Take Over was his idea.
3. Jayden “Jay” Williams & Darren Williams. They’re twins who don’t have a mind of their own. They go along with anything and everything Brad says because he’s the “leader.” Jay is more friendly and takes care of all of his friends while Darren just wants Brad to like him. Both are very into the idea of the Take Over.
4. Bella Jones. Roxie’s best friend. She has a huge crush on Darren and will do anything for him to like her. She’s a dumb blonde (even though she’s a brunette) and her parents are…different. Her mother has a big stick up her butt for reasons unknown to even me. She’s unsure whether she wants to go along with the Take Over or not. She wants to follow Roxie’s lead, but wants Darren to like her.
5. Simon Davis. He’s the junior of the group. Why Brad allowed him to hang out with a bunch of seniors? Again, I haven’t thought that far ahead yet…but Simon is super excited because now he’s the most popular kid of the junior class because he hangs out with Brad Johnson. Simon goes along with Brad on the Take Over, but feels sorry for Roxie and he tries to stay neutral while still technically being on Brad’s side.
There you have it. Six annoying characters in all. Neither of them had the personality I wanted them to have. But it’s working so far, so I’ll play along with them…for now. 😉
2013: 30,904/365,000 Words Written
2013: 932/18,250 Pages Read
Well, I did it. I meant to do it all day today, but I got a good hour in. Since I had nothing to do today I thought I thought was going to focus on writing all day, but I just didn’t really feel like it…at all. So it’s six o’clock in the evening right now and I wrote for the past hour. It’ s better than nothing, right?
I didn’t feel like writing anything, but I forced myself to do it anymore. I need to get back into the habit of writing for at least an hour every day. Even though I wasn’t very into it, I think I whipped out a pretty good chapter, if I do say so myself. I am now on chapter six, but I’m not going to start it now.
This last chapter we learned a little more about Adair. Apparently she went to college for engineering and quit when she had two classes left. Dominic couldn’t believe she wasted all that time and money and Justin couldn’t believe that she got good grades in such a tough field. They’re such supporting friends, aren’t they?
Anyway, they didn’t get anything done writing-wise in that chapter. My characters are starting to take after me and that’s not really something to be proud of…
Well, I have school until two tomorrow and then work at 2:30 until somewhere between five and six. Tomorrow night I’m going to have to try to find some time to write for an hour because I know that I’m going to be pretty tired. Although, it is supposed to snow pretty heavy tonight…I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day for the first day of school. 😉