Well, that’s a lie. I’m not behind on Camp NaNo. Today we’re supposed to be at 11,296 or something random like that. I’m past that number. But when it comes to my goal, I should have been at 17,500. I got to 15,110 words. I wrote 5,044 words today. That’s pretty good, if I do say so myself.
I’m exactly one day behind. Which means tomorrow I’m going to be two days behind. In order to catch up I have to write about 5,000 words tomorrow. I don’t think that will be too much of a problem because I write for an hour every morning. I have to babysit until one, but after that the rest of the day is mine. I’m hoping to get another 5k in.
Today is Sunday which means I had to work a little bit on my FanFiction today. I didn’t feel like it, but I did work on it for an hour. It doesn’t look like I did too much…I typed up the stats that goes before the prologue. It’s six pages long, it took a while. If you read Warriors by Erin Hunter, then you’ll understand that the stats are a list of the clans and characters and such.
Anyway, that’s all I have to say for today. I got a lot done and now I am going to go hang out in my bedroom before Kris gets home (we share a room).
This was a boring post. Thank you for allowing me to waste these past five minutes of your life that you will never get back. 😀
My class is 10:30-2 today. I have work at 2:30-5/6. And then I’m babysitting 6:30-8:30. I have a very busy day today so I thought that I would get up early and go to school early so that I could get some writing done. Because I am obviously not going to get anything done tonight…that would be silly.
So I have been writing more of Take Over and it is still going pretty well. I wrote for about an hour and half this morning and then I kept making typos and began to go cross-eyed, so I I had to stop. I am now up to 15,765 words and 26 pages. Those numbers are only going to keep getting higher from now on. Although, they always went higher, but whatever.
I got to the good part of my novel. Again, I have to post the summary soon, but as I said in the last post, a group of high school seniors plan to take over the school with the help of a random junior who is in their group. Right? Yes.
Let’s talk about characters: none of them turned out the way I have planned on them being like…
1. Roxana “Roxie” Smith. She is the main character and has a lovely head on her shoulders. She pretty, smart, and plays by the rules. She’s popular in school only because she’s Brad’s girlfriend. Roxie’s parents are…interesting to say the least. Her mother is a stay-at-mom because even though Roxie is old enough to take care of herself, her mom feels as though she would be abandoning her only child. Roxie’s father…he’s insane. And he writes for a living. Enough said. Roxie is dead set against the Take Over.
2. Heath “Brad” Bradley Johnson. Everyone calls him Brad because of his middle name because he hates his first name. Brad is a popular guy and is known by everyone. He is friends with everyone, not because he wants to really be friends, but people people adore him. The Take Over was his idea.
3. Jayden “Jay” Williams & Darren Williams. They’re twins who don’t have a mind of their own. They go along with anything and everything Brad says because he’s the “leader.” Jay is more friendly and takes care of all of his friends while Darren just wants Brad to like him. Both are very into the idea of the Take Over.
4. Bella Jones. Roxie’s best friend. She has a huge crush on Darren and will do anything for him to like her. She’s a dumb blonde (even though she’s a brunette) and her parents are…different. Her mother has a big stick up her butt for reasons unknown to even me. She’s unsure whether she wants to go along with the Take Over or not. She wants to follow Roxie’s lead, but wants Darren to like her.
5. Simon Davis. He’s the junior of the group. Why Brad allowed him to hang out with a bunch of seniors? Again, I haven’t thought that far ahead yet…but Simon is super excited because now he’s the most popular kid of the junior class because he hangs out with Brad Johnson. Simon goes along with Brad on the Take Over, but feels sorry for Roxie and he tries to stay neutral while still technically being on Brad’s side.
There you have it. Six annoying characters in all. Neither of them had the personality I wanted them to have. But it’s working so far, so I’ll play along with them…for now. 😉
2013: 30,904/365,000 Words Written
2013: 932/18,250 Pages Read
My laptop is fixed. The internet is fixed. The only thing that sucks about it is that it killed my battery…that thing used to last five-six hours. The other day it was at 50% which apparently is now 33 minutes…but whatever! I have to be thankful that the thing actually works again, right? Right! My flash drive is officially gone, but…think positive! Oh, and the printer still won’t work…again, think positive!
Except I haven’t written anything…I haven’t really had the time. Except I’m stuck at school today for a little bit and I don’t have work today. Well, I’m babysitting today, but that’s only for two hours unlike work. Anyway, here is my point: I have to leave for class in about an hour or so, so I think I’m going to begin writing again. Start fresh. Clean slate. After class, which ends at 11:45, but I have a test so I’ll probably be out of there by at least 11:30, I may write again. Although I have a meeting with my advisor at 12:30, so I might just hang around until then. But when the meeting is over, I’m stuck at school until at least 1:45 before my friend drives me home so I can write after the meeting! Although, my friend has a test as well so I might actually get out of here fairly early…
Anyway, I then babysit 3-5ish and then when I come home: BAM! I’m breaking out my typing fingers again. The other day when I pasted “Sad News” I had the hardest time writing it…wanna know why? I hadn’t typed in so long because I hadn’t been in school and I hadn’t been able to use my laptop because of the internet, and I hadn’t been writing at all. My fingers basically forgot how to type. It really was sad news. I’m having a hard time typing now, but I think that’s because my fingers are frozen.
Back on topic: I’m going to write at any moment I can…or any moment I can get to a computer. When I come home from babysitting, I’ll write. And I shall write all night! I’m not going to school tomorrow, even though I have a math quiz.
Everyone has heard of this blizzard that we’re going to get, correct? It’s starting Friday morning and ending Saturday afternoon. I don’t know where any of you are, but in my area we’re going to be getting about two feet of snow as well as some really harsh winds. I doubt I’m going to have school tomorrow, but if I do, the roads and such are probably going to be terrible by the time I get out of class. My class tomorrow is 9-10:15. So I think I’m just going to skip regardless of whether there is school or not. My main concern is work. Fridays I work 11-6 so if my town doesn’t close school, then I’m going to have to go to work…if it is bad then it will be a good thing I skip school because otherwise my poor dad would have to drive all the way to my school and then all the way back to our town to drop me off at work. I live about 20 minutes away from my school, but that’s without traffic and such. With the snow…it would probably take over an hour just to get there.
But again…back on topic: Basically I’m going to be home all day tomorrow, Friday. I highly doubt I’ll have school and work, but we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m praying I won’t have work. But since I’ll be home all day with nothing to do, I’m going to write all day. Saturday, too. It’ll still be snowing and I never do anything on Saturdays anyway, so I can just write all day. I think it’s going to be a very productive weekend!
My only concern is that if the power goes out…considering that my laptop only lasts probably a little over an hour now, I’ll be screwed. Although, I have plenty of notebooks I can resort to, but typing is a lot faster. Plus, I have my iPod and I have apps called DraftPad and A Novel Idea. I’ve explained A Novel Idea before, it basically helps you plan out scenes, titles, characters, plots, etc. It’s really cool, really fancy, and free. DraftPad, another free app, is a blank piece of paper and you just write anything and everything. Then when you’re done, you can post it to a website, Facebook, Twitter, e-mail it to yourself, whatever. So I could use that and e-mail it to myself in case the power comes back on. Then I can start where I left off. But then if my iPod dies…eh, whatever.
So I’m planning a productive weekend and I hope it’s productive for all of you people out there, as well! If you’re in the area and you’re going to get hit by this storm…be careful and good luck! I’ll post back tomorrow morning with how well I’m about to do with writing. 🙂