Sorry for the long wait. Even though it’s only been about four days…I have been super busy with babysitting lately. Seriously, I feel like a mother between the two families I watch plus my cousins.It’s exhausting and annoying. Today I had to spend an hour listening to him play his trumpet at a private lesson. I stayed because he was nervous about being alone with the teacher. But now I have a splitting headache. And I have to go back out and babysit the other family.
So it’s a good thing I decided to write for an hour every morning. Otherwise I probably would not be getting anything done. I am way too busy and when I’m not doing anything, I’m too tired to write or…well, do anything. Honestly, it’s taking a lot of energy to write this post right now.
So my Camp NaNo count is 25,139 words. I got up to 25,010 this morning. I wrote just a tiny bit when I came home because I was hoping to actually be on par. With my goal of writing 2,500 words a day, I should be at 27,500 today. I thought I could write some extra in between babysitting gigs, but my head hurt too much.
I have more to say, but I’m going to save them for another post. You guys are lucky I wrote this much. 😉
My class is 10:30-2 today. I have work at 2:30-5/6. And then I’m babysitting 6:30-8:30. I have a very busy day today so I thought that I would get up early and go to school early so that I could get some writing done. Because I am obviously not going to get anything done tonight…that would be silly.
So I have been writing more of Take Over and it is still going pretty well. I wrote for about an hour and half this morning and then I kept making typos and began to go cross-eyed, so I I had to stop. I am now up to 15,765 words and 26 pages. Those numbers are only going to keep getting higher from now on. Although, they always went higher, but whatever.
I got to the good part of my novel. Again, I have to post the summary soon, but as I said in the last post, a group of high school seniors plan to take over the school with the help of a random junior who is in their group. Right? Yes.
Let’s talk about characters: none of them turned out the way I have planned on them being like…
1. Roxana “Roxie” Smith. She is the main character and has a lovely head on her shoulders. She pretty, smart, and plays by the rules. She’s popular in school only because she’s Brad’s girlfriend. Roxie’s parents are…interesting to say the least. Her mother is a stay-at-mom because even though Roxie is old enough to take care of herself, her mom feels as though she would be abandoning her only child. Roxie’s father…he’s insane. And he writes for a living. Enough said. Roxie is dead set against the Take Over.
2. Heath “Brad” Bradley Johnson. Everyone calls him Brad because of his middle name because he hates his first name. Brad is a popular guy and is known by everyone. He is friends with everyone, not because he wants to really be friends, but people people adore him. The Take Over was his idea.
3. Jayden “Jay” Williams & Darren Williams. They’re twins who don’t have a mind of their own. They go along with anything and everything Brad says because he’s the “leader.” Jay is more friendly and takes care of all of his friends while Darren just wants Brad to like him. Both are very into the idea of the Take Over.
4. Bella Jones. Roxie’s best friend. She has a huge crush on Darren and will do anything for him to like her. She’s a dumb blonde (even though she’s a brunette) and her parents are…different. Her mother has a big stick up her butt for reasons unknown to even me. She’s unsure whether she wants to go along with the Take Over or not. She wants to follow Roxie’s lead, but wants Darren to like her.
5. Simon Davis. He’s the junior of the group. Why Brad allowed him to hang out with a bunch of seniors? Again, I haven’t thought that far ahead yet…but Simon is super excited because now he’s the most popular kid of the junior class because he hangs out with Brad Johnson. Simon goes along with Brad on the Take Over, but feels sorry for Roxie and he tries to stay neutral while still technically being on Brad’s side.
There you have it. Six annoying characters in all. Neither of them had the personality I wanted them to have. But it’s working so far, so I’ll play along with them…for now. 😉
2013: 30,904/365,000 Words Written
2013: 932/18,250 Pages Read
I haven’t updated this in a while with very good reasons…
1. Everyone knows that we switched from Verizon to Comcast, correct? Well, the internet still refuses to work. It’s getting pretty annoying. I can’t use my laptop at all. I can’t use it to work on my websites, I can’t use it to update this, and I can’t use it for school. My dad is bringing my laptop to a guy to completely clean it out because it had a virus on it a year or so ago. All the other laptops work (sometimes), so we’re wondering if my laptop still has some bits of the virus on it and that’s why it refuses to work. So I’m going to be out of a laptop for a little while…well, I already have been out of a laptop.
I’m using the school computer right now so–I hate to say this–it’s a good thing that I go to school five days a week. I need to get absolutely everything done at school. It’s such a pain, though. The only thing I can use my own laptop for it for writing on Word. Which brings me to the worst part of this post as well as the other reason as to why I haven’t updated in so long…
2. My flash drive broke. My sister tried to fix it and the computer guy my dad knows tried to fix it. It’s completely dead. The guy said he could fix it, but the software would cost 800 dollars. He said he could ship it to Brazil so it would be cheaper, but…I said no. That’s too much. My uncle is going to try to fix it, but I really have my doubts that it will work. We’ll have to see, but I’m pretty sure it’s gone.
It really upset and discouraged me. All of my novels were on there. I didn’t have any other back-ups to the novels because my computer had gotten the virus. Along with school work, Sunday school stuff, and website stuff, this is everything I lost:
Hunter — I printed it out to edit it, so worse comes to worst, I’ll just have to type it up again.
Hunted — The sequel to Hunter…I was half way through it and now it’s gone.
Diary of a Lover — I printed this out to edit it, too, so again I can just type it up again.
Saving Each Other — My 2012 NaNo that I finished last December…100% gone. I had no back-ups and none of it was printed out…I have to start from scratch all over again.
The Blank Page — It wasn’t finished, but as you all know, I have been working hard on this one a lot. Now I have to start completely over again.
Asking Bobby & Ashley’s Day at the Aquarium — Both of these are printed out, so they’re safe.
Fast Friends — Didn’t get too far in this one, but at least it was better than nothing…now it is nothing.
Echo — I was almost done with this one…gone.
Last Friday — I wrote this in a notebook and I had one more chapter left. Typing it up took me a really long time and now I’m going to have to do it again…at least it’s not completely gone.
The Others — My very first NaNo and the only one I every won. I never finished the novel, but I only had one or two more chapters left…another one gone.
Far Away — A love story I started, re-started, and re-started again…I got pretty far with it and now that’s gone, too.
Diary of a Killer — Didn’t get too far, but I really liked where it was going.
A Job to get Done — I loved this one. I was over 50 pages into it…gone.
Pyro — The origin story of my muse…the one and only character who speaks to me while I write. He popped into my head long before I even decided to make him a character in a story. I have no idea where he came from, but now I have to write his story all over again.
The Battle of Cooper’s Place — A script I wrote for Script Frenzy…it was my first one and I won. It sucked, but now it’s gone.
Halfway to Heaven — Another script I wrote. I loved this script. I was going to turn it into a novel, too…now I have to re-write that whole thing.
Four Fathers — A TV show I based off of a Ninja Turtles FanFiction I wrote. It was coming along pretty well.
All of my FanFiction stories…which was somewhere in the 100s, so I can’t even list them all to you.
And there you have it. 18 stories lost…there were more, but they were only a page or so in so they weren’t really important because they were small prompts and such.
I cried. I’ll admit that. I was thinking of everything that I lost, all that time and imagination I spent on those stories…and they’re all gone. I have to say that it was a real eye-opener for me, though. That saying is really true…”you never know what you have until it’s gone.”
So I decided that not only am I going to keep up with writing more, I’m going to focus more on finishing everything that I start. Looking at that list, I had a ton of ideas and characters roaming around in my head. So I think it’s time to jot down small ideas instead of switching completely over to a new novel. I have a new novel in the works at the moment and since I’m in the mood to write it, I think I’m going to start off with that one. I still have a lot of planning to do for it, but that’s alright. In the meantime, I can start editing some novels…well, just Hunter and Diary of a Lover since those are the only novels I have left at the moment.
But now I think about it, I have a ton of novels that are started in notebooks…I should really go through my notebooks, huh?
Anyway, let this be a lesson learned for all of you! I have no idea how my flash drive broke, but I had two (well, now one). I should have put everything on both. I’ll keep that in mind for next time. So I’ll try to writing again as soon as possible, but I kind of need to wait until I get my laptop back. I think my dad is going to call Comcast, too…even though everyone else’s work, they still go on the fritz sometimes. Hopefully this will be the end.