This policy pertains to this website only – RachelPoli.com – including any of my social media platforms and my newsletter. This policy does not carry over to any third party websites, even if I provide the links. (Please read the Third-Party Links Disclaimer below.)
Data Collected and Used
Interacting with this site will lead to some of your personal data being collected and stored.
Data collected may include:
- Name (full name or username)
- Email address
- Country location of users
- Your IP address
- User agent (operating system and web browser type & version)
- A referring URL (how you came to find my blog)
- Posts and pages you visit
- An exit URL (the website you leave my blog on)
- Search terms used to find the website or used on the website
- Links clicked on this website
- Your website URL
- Your WordPress ID (should you interact on this website while logged into WordPress)
- Your social media ID (should you interact on this website through Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Transaction information through Patreon or PayPal should you choose to donate to this blog. This is all done through PayPal no matter where you donate from and the information includes: monetary amount donated, your name, email address, date the transaction was made, and a transaction ID.
Ways your data is collected:
- Commenting on any post or page on this website (through your WordPress account or any social media account)
- Akismet (an anti-spam program which is enabled to check for spam comments)
- The contact form (this will include your name, email address, website URL, how you found my blog, why you’re reaching out to me, and the content of your message)
- Signing up to follow this blog (this will store your WordPress ID and/or email address. You will receive automatic emails from WordPress.com whenever a new post is released on this website. You are free to cancel these emails as well as unfollow the blog at any time.)
- Signing up for my newsletter through Mailchimp (this includes your name, email address, and [optional] website URL)
- Donating to this website (through PayPal or Patreon)
- Analytical information from WordPress.com’s general stats (country location of user, search terms, posts/pages most viewed, etc.)
- Cookies (more information on Cookies below)
How your data is used:
I will only use your data in a few ways:
- Responding to ways you’ve communicated with me (through comments on this blog or emails sent directly to my email address or through the contact form on this blog.)
- Sending you newsletters to your email address through Mailchimp (Please note: you only get on my mailing list if you subscribe and provide me with your information. You are free to unsubscribe to these emails easily and at any time.)
Your Safety & Rights
You have the right to know what personal data is collected and are free to reach out to me for the following:
- Access – You may reach out to me and request to know which personal data I have collected from you. Please note: I may need additional information from you should you request this. Your personal information collected from this website should be confidential between me, the owner of this site, and yourself. I do not want to send this information to the wrong person.
- Corrections – Please reach out to me if any of your information is incomplete or inaccurate so that I can correct it.
- Protection of Minors – Parents and guardians are free to reach out if they feel their children under the age of 16 has had their personal data stored and do not want it to be. Please see below for more information.
Data Protection of Minors
This website is free to be viewed by all ages including minors (children under the age of 16). The content on this website is safe for all ages, including children under the age of 16. It is not my intent to collect personal data from minors. If personal data is collected from minors, there should be consent from a parent or guardian. Parents and guardians are free to contact me to request removal of this personal data.
A data breach is an unauthorized access to confidential information or personal data. It compromises the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of that information. This means your personal data may be in jeopardy through the fault of Internet glitches, hacking, viruses, etc.
Should this incident ever occur, I will reach out to you via email within 48 hours of discovering the issue with details on what you should do to protect your information and we’ll work together to ensure it does not happen again.
Please note: this website requires cookies to be enabled in order to function properly. For more information about cookies and their usage, please click here.
This website has a mailing list through Mailchimp. Subscription to this list is completely optional and free. Should you choose to sign up, you will provide me with your name, email address, and (optional) website URL. This information will be strictly used to send you a monthly email and will not be shared with anyone. For more information about what the newsletter entails, please click here.
Entering Competitions & Giveaways
Any competitions or giveaways held on this blog will require participating users to provide their names and email address in order to enter. By entering, you are consenting to be contacted via the email you have provided. Winners may be required to provide a snail mail address should the prize for a giveaway be a physical item.
All information provided to me when entering a competition or giveaway will be held by me in confidence until a valid winner is chosen and has accepted the prize. After that, all information provided by all entrants will be deleted.
Donations & Payment
Donations and payment are collected through this website. All donations and payments collected are used to go back into this blog. It’s what helps keep the website up and running to make the website better as well as provide more content.
Money is collected in a number of ways:
- WordAds – Advertisements on the blog (see below for more information)
- Affiliate Links (See below for more information)
- Freelance work (Through this blog as well as Fiverr)
I offer various freelance services through this blog as well as on Fiverr. Should you reach out to me for these services, personal data will be collected such as your email address among other information depending on what you provide to me and what services you are looking to hire me for.
Patreon is a membership platform that makes it easier for creators to get paid. I accept commissions through Patreon to help keep this blog up and running. For example, my Patreon money goes towards the Business Plan on WordPress for this blog. All commissions made through Patreon go to my PayPal.
I accept donations through PayPal for any amount anytime. All donations go back to this blog to keep it up and running.
This website uses WordPress.com’s Business Plan and uses WordAds. WordAds is an advertising optimization platform for WordPress sites. WordAds automatically places advertisements on my blog and allows me to earn a small revenue from these advertisements based on visitors on my blog.
Affiliate Links Usage
This website may contain affiliate links. This means that should you buy something through these links I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep the blog up and running.
Any posts that contain affiliate links will be stated at the beginning of the post. I do not link to anything I have not personally used or liked.
Affiliates of this website include:
I am not responsible for any data collected through these affiliate links once you leave my website.
This website may include links to third-party websites. By clicking on these links you may be allowing third-party websites to collect data about you. I am not responsible for any third-party websites or information they collect from you. You are responsible for reading their privacy policies once you leave my website.
I only link to third-party websites that I have personally used, found helpful, and have deemed safe to share. Click on these links at your own risk.
Contact Me for More Information
If you have any comments, concerns, or questions about this policy, you are free to contact me at any time. You can go to the Contact Me page and use the contact form provided.
February 18, 2019 – Policy updated – Donations and Payments added Fiverr and took out Ko-Fi, WordPress plan had changed from Premium to Business, Affiliates from Barnes & Noble and Abe Books have been deleted and ShareASale added.
May 2018 – Policy created and put into effect.