I am currently OPEN to book review requests.
Please read this book review policy thoroughly before contacting me. Thank you.
- The Basics
- Genres I’m Most Interested In
- If You’re An Author, Publisher, Or Publicist
- If Accepted For Review
- After The Review Goes Live
- Rating System
- When Contacting Me
- Do you need help finding book reviews?
- Book reviews are published every Saturday (and Tuesdays during July and August.)
- I state how I receive each book in its respective review.
- Requests from authors, publicists, and publishers are welcome.
- All opinions and thoughts are my own no matter how I received a copy of the book. I review all the books I read. All reviews will be honest but fair.
- I have the right to decline review offers but I do my best to respond to every request I receive. If you do not hear back from me within two (2) weeks, feel free to email me again.
- I suggest looking at my Goodreads page to see what kinds of books interest me. To get a feel for how I write reviews, check out some book reviews I’ve already done.
- In addition to my blog, I will post reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Reviews from my blog will also be posted to my Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Reviews may take a couple of months to be posted depending on my backlog. I review books first come first serve and will try to give a tentative timeframe if I can. With that said, if the book is an ARC or part of a blog tour, please let me know right away and I’ll do my best to work something out.
Genres I’m Most Interested In
- Mystery (Cozy is my favorite though I do enjoy suspense and thrillers, psychological thrillers, and paranormal mystery)
- Young adult fiction
- Middle-grade fiction
- Short story/flash fiction anthologies
- Please note: I will not accept any erotica or explicit genres. I will also not read anything with a lot of violence or horror. I have an anxiety disorder and am bothered by a lot of violence, torture, gore, or anything along those lines. Please keep this in mind when requesting a review from me.
If you’re unsure of a genre, you can look at book reviews I’ve already done to check if your genre is listed. Don’t hesitate to reach out and simply ask.
If You’re An Author, Publisher, Or Publicist
- I accept .MOBI files. At this time, due to COVID-19, I am not accepting paperback copies.
- I accept self-published books, indie books, and books from small and large publishing companies.
- At the end of each review, I’ll add a quick blurb about the author. (Please Note: This is optional. I will only do this if social media links and a brief bio are given to me.)
- In each review, I will discuss the cover design, my first thoughts before reading, the plot, characters, and writing style. I’ll also add a rating as well as my favorite quote from the book. Again, please look at previous book reviews I’ve done to get a feel for how I do things.
If Accepted For Review
If I accept your book for review, I will respond by asking for a few things.
- An image of the book cover in an attached .JPEG or .PNG file
- A free .MOBI file of the manuscript (again, at this time, paperback copies are not accepted.)
- All buy links for the book, including Goodreads
- Optional: Links to the author’s website/social media. Please include no more than five (5) links. (If you send more than five then I will only include the first five links listed.)
- Optional: A brief bio of the author that’s no more than 200-300 words and an attached .JPEG or .PNG image of the author. (If the bio is more than 300 words, I will send it back to you to shorten.)
- Please note if I do not receive the optional author bio and links (any any combination of those), there will be no “About the Author” at the end of the review.
After The Review Goes Live
What I’ll Do
- All reviews go live at midnight EST on Saturdays (or Tuesdays if it’s in July or August). After the post goes live at midnight, I’ll send you an email with the link the morning of.
- In addition to my blog, the reviews are cross-posted on Goodreads and Amazon as well as shared on my Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
What You’ll Do
- Share the book review around your social media accounts as well as your website and/or blog.
- Check back periodically on my blog and answer any comments the review may get.
When Contacting Me
Please include the following so I know you have read these guidelines and also so I can get a good idea of what your book is like.
- Full names of title and author
- Publication Date
- Word count
- Why you chose me to read and review your work
- A Goodreads and Amazon link to your book
Did you read this post thoroughly? If so and you think I’d be a good fit to read and review your book, please click the button below to get in touch.
Do you need help finding book reviews?
I don’t just read and review books, I also help authors promote their work through virtual book blog tours and finding book reviewers to read and review their work.
If you’re looking for some help in that area, please click the button below to check out my services. Thank you.