It’s June again which means it’s time for the third annual Mystery Month!
I’m excited to share a lot of new things this year with you guys. A lot of things about Mystery Month will remain the same: I’ll still have a four-part mystery short story for you guys for Sunday, mystery writing prompts for Friday, and I’ll be reading and reviewing mystery novels on Saturdays. I’ll also be writing up a bunch of mystery genre themed articles.
I had a lot of new ideas for Mystery Month this year and decided to hold off on some of those ideas. They required some extra time and effort so I thought they would be a better fit for next year. Still, I’m adding some new things to spice up this tradition.
First, I’ll be playing Mystery Book Bingo on the blog.
As you can see, I’ve created my own board.
Feel free to save and print this board and use it for yourself. I’d love to have others playing Bingo with me!
I’ll be updating my Book Bingo progress once in a while at the end of my blog posts as well as on my Twitter. If you’re not following me on Twitter, please be sure to do so, especially if you’ll be joining me with Book Bingo. Using the hashtag #MysteryMonth, I’ll be updating my progress.I may also update bits and pieces on my Bookstagram as well.
I may also update bits and pieces on my Bookstagram as well.
Second, I’m hosting a Bookstagram Mystery Challenge.
I’ve created a mystery books photo challenge for the month of June. You can see it on my Bookstagram here. I’ll, of course, be doing the challenge myself with the hashtag #MysteryMonth. So, please be sure to follow my Bookstagram if you’re not already. The more who join, the merrier, and I’d love to see your photos!
That’s it for now! I hope you all join me on Instagram, Twitter, and my blog whether it’s the photo challenge or Bingo or both!
Now, onto everything else that will be happening this month…
With four Saturdays this month, I’ll be reviewing four mystery books. However, since I’ll be playing Bingo I’m going to try to read at least five mystery novels. Hopefully more, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
As of right now, I’m planning on reading:
1. Who Killed Christopher Goodman by Allan Wolf
2. Poirot Investigates by Agatha Christie
3. Theodore Boone: Kid Lawyer by John Grisham
4. Thereby Hangs A Tail by Spencer Quinn
5. The Ghosts of Now by Joan Lowery Nixon
I hope to read more (because I had picked out a lot of mystery novels for myself), but I plan on reading those ones first.
1. Edit George Florence — Still working on this… I’m hoping to have the draft completely edited by the end of June. I have a good head start on it and I have a good idea of where I want it to go. It all depends on when I can find the time to work on it.
2. Outline Teacher Talk: Before School — This is the first book of the Teacher Talk trilogy. There will be more information on this book (and the trilogy as a whole) later, but it will be a trilogy of novellas (at least, I don’t think they’ll turn out to be novel-length) that I’ll be posting on Wattpad.
1. Keep up with Mystery Month
2. Start planning for July
3. Continue working on new blog
June has always been a crazy month without the writing, reading, and blogging. So, we’ll see how this goes. But I’m excited.
What are your plans for June? Will you be participating in Mystery Month? Let me know in the comments below!