Alright, guys, Camp NaNoWriMo begins in four days. Four. That’s it. That’s all the time we have left to prepare.
So, are you ready?
- Do you have your novel created on the Camp website?
- Do you have a set goal in mind whether it’s words or pages or hours?
- Are you in a cabin (if you want to be in one)?
- Have you explored the website’s resources just for fun?
- Have you spread the word that you’re participating?
For Your Novel
- If you’re a planner, do you have your outline prepped?
- If you’re a pantser, do you have a basic gist of the plot and what you hope the story will accomplish?
- Is your laptop charged? Do you have a handy supply of paper and pens?
- Do you have a basic idea about your main characters?
- Have you told friends and family you won’t see them for a month?
- Do you have a large supply of coffee/tea that will last the month?
- What about chocolate, candy, and other snacks?
- Do you have a blanket and pillow by your desk just in case?
- Have you created a special music playlist to keep you focused?
There’s a lot of things you can do to prepare for Camp. Or, you can just not prepare at all and see how the month goes. That’s always fun.
What do you do to prep for Camp? Are you ready? Let me know in the comments below!