I was nominated for two awards recently. I don’t normally do these anymore, but they’re still fun nonetheless. I decided to combine the two awards to one post, so this may be a bit long.
First, I was nominated for the Liebster Award. The lovely Aurora from Writer’s Treasure Chest nominated me. Thanks, Aurora!
The rules are:
–Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
–Answer 11 questions the blogger gives you
–Nominate 11 other bloggers you think deserve the award
–Let the bloggers know you nominated them
–Give them 11 questions to answer
1. If you could have dinner with one fictional character who would it be?
Any of the Harry Potter characters, hands down. It’s hard to pick just one, though. Out of the main trio, my favorite is Ron.
2. If you could live in a book, TV show or movie, which would it be?
Again, Harry Potter.
3. Which was the book that has impressed you the most as a kid?
Hank the Cowdog series. It was a funny mystery about a dog who solved crimes. That series brings back some memories.
4. If you could pick a random spot anywhere on Earth, where would you like to travel right now?
New Zealand. I would love to visit The Shire from Lord of the Rings!
5. What is your favorite book quote?
My answer is going to be pretty cheap, but I have no idea. There are so many books I read and I love so many different quotes. It’s hard to think back and just choose one. I do enjoy a quote from Dr. Seuss, “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”
6. Which author inspires you?
J.K. Rowling and Erin Hunter (even though she’s technically more than one person).
7. Which celebrity (dead or alive) would you want to be trapped in an elevator with for 24 hours?
8. Is there any place in the world you would rather live than you do now?
Nope. I’ve never really been anywhere, so as far as I’m concerned this is a good place.
9. Who is your favorite band/artist?
It changes all the time, but right now I’m really loving Lindsey Stirling, Taylor Davis, and Peter Hollens.
10. What is your favorite movie?
Disney’s Peter Pan. There are plenty of other movies I love, but that popped into my head first. It could be because I’ve been reading a lot of retellings lately, though! Also, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings… Yes.
11. Tell me one random fact about yourself?
My favorite animals are giraffes and turtles.
Thanks again, Aurora!
My Questions (some borrowed from Aurora):
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
3. What other hobbies do you enjoy?
4. Which author do you look up to the most?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. Physical book, ebook, or audiobook?
7. What would you bring with you on a deserted island? Cell phone, laptop, book, or notebook?
8. What’s your favorite type of music to listen to?
9. Who is your all-time favorite fictional character?
10. Where do you see your blog five years from now?
11. Tell us a random fact about yourself.
Onto the next award…
I was nominated by the great Tina of All These Prompts. Thanks Tina!
The rules are:
–Create a post to accept your award.
–Add the blog award button into your post and put it on the side of your blog as a widget. Visit Fangirling for the award button.
–Answer the questions below.
–Nominate between 5-10 book bloggers who you think also deserve this award.
–Come up with your own 5 questions for your nominees.
1. Which languages do you read in?
Just English. I don’t know any other languages.
2. Name the very first book you remember reading on your own (as opposed to your parents reading to you).
I want to say it was a Dr. Suess book? I honestly can’t remember. I loved Go, Dogs, Go! as a kid.
3. How do you choose which book to read next?
Whichever novel jumps out at me when I look at my shelf. Sometimes I’ll get in the mood for a particular genre, but my choice is usually random.
4. How do you feel about ebooks and audiobooks?
I prefer physical copies, but I do read ebooks and enjoy them. I use to listen to audiobooks when I was a kid, but I haven’t listened to one in a long time. So I can’t really say. I like the idea of it, though.
5. Name one book that disappointed you and one that was a pleasant surprise.
Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck was a huge disappointment to me. I was looking forward to reading that book for a while and then I couldn’t even finish it. A book that was a pleasant surprise was Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home. I had to read it for school and it didn’t sound appealing to me at all, but I really enjoyed it.
1. What is your favorite book or series?
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. What’s your favorite genre?
4. How often do you read?
5. Name a book you love and a book you didn’t like as much.
Thanks again, Tina!
I nominate everyone who reads this post! If you feel up to it, feel free to do one or both of these award tags.