This month, in the spirit of NaNoWriMo, I decided to dedicate part two of the Bookshelf series to craft books on writing.
I have a lot more books about writing than I thought I did. The books are listed in a random order.
1. The Pocket Muse by Monica Wood
2. The Amazing Story Generator by Jason Sacher
3. Writer’s Market Deluxe Edition by Robert Lee Brewer (edition updates each year)
4. The Everything Baby Names Book by June Rifkin
5. The Plot Whisperer Book of Writing Prompts by Martha Alderson
6. The Plot Whisperer Workbook by Martha Alderson
7. Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for Writers by Jack Canfield
8. 20 Master Plots by Ronald B. Tobias
9. Take Ten for Writers by Bonnie Neubaur
10. Writer’s Guide to Character Traits by Linda N. Edelstein
11. 642 Things to Write About by the San Francisco Writers’ Grotto
12. The Write Brain Workbook by Bonnie Neubaur
13. Blogging for Writers by Robin Houghton
14. How to Blog a Book by Nina Amir
15. Now Write! Mysteries by Sherry Ellis and Laurie Lamson
16. Now Write! Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Horror by Laurie Lamson
17. Writing Places by Paula Mathieu, George Grattan, Tim Lindgren, and Staci Shultz
18. Reading and Writing about Literature by Janet E. Gardner
19. Writing Tools by Roy Peter Clark
20. No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty
21. The Art and Craft of Fiction by Michael Kardos
22. Police Procedure and Investigation by Lee Lofland
23. Forensics by D.P. Lyle
24. Book of Poisons by Serita Stevens and Anne Bannon
If there are any books you think I should add to this list, please let me know in the comments!
If you have an idea for a list I should make, feel free to Contact Me or let me know in the comments!
You can see my first list here: Disney Retellings Bookshelf.